Clean Stains From False Teeth
As with natural teeth, false teeth may develop stains over time. Coffee, tea, red wine and smoking are all culprits in teeth staining. Dentures are porous and can absorb the pigment in these substances, causing discoloration and stains. Fortunately, there are several methods for lifting these stains and returning dentures to their original pearly color.
1. Remove your dentures to prepare them for cleaning outside of your mouth.
2. Dip your toothbrush into denture cleaning powder and scrub the surface of the teeth using small, circular motions. Be sure to get the backsides and in between each of the teeth.
3. Sprinkle baking soda onto your toothbrush then add one or two drops of water to create a paste on the brush. Brush the teeth thoroughly. The gentle abrasion of the soda will help to lift the stains.
4. Rinse the powders from your false teeth.
5. Prepare a denture soak by filling a cup with warm water. Drop an effervescent tablet into the water and allow it to begin bubbling.
6. Drop your dentures into the soak water and allow to remain submerged overnight. Repeat every night.
7. Pour the distilled white vinegar into a clean cup.
8. Drop your dentures into the cup and allow to soak overnight. Repeat this vinegar soak once a week to lift tough stains.
9. Rinse the vinegar solution from the dentures before replacing them in your mouth.
Cigarette smoking stains teeth.The enamel of your teeth is porous material, much like a porcelain cup. When exposed to stain-making substances repeatedly, stains can build up on your teeth. One of...
Nicotine stains can be extremely tough to remove.The negative, long-term consequences of smoking on the human body are well known and documented. But just as cigarette smoke has a dire cumulative...
Everyone wants a healthy beautiful smile. But, unsightly stains from coffee, wine or dark soda can ruin your appearance. There are plenty of teeth whitening products on the market that can bleach...
Remove Difficult Teeth Stains and Have a Beautiful White SmileHaving stains on your teeth can be quite unattractive. Everyone wants that million dollar, winning smile. Nicotine stains, coffee stai...
Dentures mimic the look and feel of natural teeth.Full or partial dentures require just as much care and maintenance as natural teeth. Food, beverages and tobacco can stain the synthetic material,...